Known as the “land of a thousand hills” this tiny yet visually beautiful land-locked country in East Africa has a tumultuous history, but is well on its way to recovery and progression. Most famous for its Gorilla trekking in the lush rainforests of the Volcanoes National Park.
- Get up close and personal on a Gorilla Trek in the Volcanoes National Park– an incredible experience of a lifetime.
- Spend time with the endangered and rare Golden Monkeys, endemic only in 3 countries: Rwanda, Uganda and Congo.
- Visit the Genocide Memorial Centre in Kigali– an important reminder not to forget the atrocities that decimated the country in 1994.
- Take a safari journey through the Akagera National Park.
- Spend a few days at the ‘coast’ of Lake Kivu with boat rides a must!
Best Times to Travel
- Mid-May to mid-October: this is the long dry season and has perfect conditions for tracking gorillas.